Personal Information IFG Collects
IFG will only ask for personal information relevant to our business relationship with you and information required by government legislation and regulation. We do not collect information regarding: religious views, ethnicity, political positions, criminal records, personal health information or sexual preference.
IFG collects information to:
- To determine whether we should provide a facility which includes the provision of commercial credit to you and, if we decide to provide it, to assist in the provision of the facility. This includes the assessment of the application, managing the account, recovering money and dealing with security you give; or
- To determine whether we should provide a facility that includes the provision of commercial credit to a company with which you are associated (for example as a director or shareholder) and to assist in the provision of the facility. If a guarantee may be given we are collecting the personal information to determine whether we should accept it and, when it is given, we collect the personal information to deal with or enforce our rights under the guarantee and any security that may be given to secure it.
Information we will collect includes:
Contact Information – Name, address, phone, email and date of birth.
- Financial Information – Financial statements, credit reports, tax file number, and information for creditworthiness.
- Information from general searches relevant to IFG service requested.
- IFG may ask for personal information that we are required to collect for legal reasons to meet government laws and regulations such as the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) to verify your identity which could include a copy of your drivers license, birth certificate or passport.
- If you do not provide some personal information, IFG may not be able to provide you with the product or service you are seeking.
How is Personal Information Collected
Most of the information collected by IFG will come directly from you. This information may be collected through application forms, through telephone conversations, over the Internet or during a personal meeting with you. IFG may also collect information from other parties. This may happen with or without your direct consent. Sources of other information include:
- General searches
- Credit reporting agencies
- Publicly available sources of information
- Accountant or legal representative
- Third party brokers
- Government agencies
Providing Information to Others
IFG may share your personal information with outside entities. This may be for reasons of providing you with a product/service beyond the capabilities of IFG. Other entities that we may provide your personal information to include:
- Other financial institutions
- Credit reporting agencies
- Debt collection agencies
- IFG accountants, auditors or lawyers
- Your personal representatives, such as: accountant, financial advisor or attorney
- IFG does not provide or sell information to outside parties for any marketing purposes.
- IFG may use your personal contact information to provide you with information and updates concerning current products/services.
It is our intent to only provide the information necessary to information they need to performs their services to us or to provide products/services to you. These organizations must meet the privacy standards that we enact and comply with the Privacy Laws and Regulations.
Disclosure of Personal Information Overseas
IFG may need to disclose information to our internal operations overseas or to service providers located overseas which provide services to IFG on IFG’s behalf. When your personal information is disclosed overseas, IFG is required to ensure that the information is treated in accordance with the policies and standards that apply in Australia.
IFG does not generally report information to credit reporting agencies however, IFG does request credit reports from various credit reporting agencies and uses this information for determination of creditworthiness. In requesting reports from a credit-reporting agency, IFG will use personal information to identify you and possibly information from your application. If you are a guarantor, we may use information from a credit-reporting agency to assess your ability to qualify as a guarantor.
Managing and Accessing Personal Information
IFG takes every precaution to protect your personal information that has been collected from you or from outside sources. The information is protected from misuse, loss or access by unauthorized individuals or entities. Information is stored in paper form and electronically with appropriate security.If your personal information should change, notify IFG immediately with the correct information. IFG will also ensure to the best of our ability that information that we retain is correct and current.You may contact IFG to request information of what data has been collected and retained by us. Upon request, we will provide any copies of information that are held by us.If you deem that personal information that we maintain is incorrect, please notify us immediately so that we may take corrective action to ensure information is correct and current. In the event that we do not agree that information is inaccurate or out of date we will notify you in writing providing information on why we do not agree and will provide information on what you can do if dissatisfied with the response.
We may track activity and transactions on an individually identifiable basis if you apply for or use IFG Network online. We may use identification information we collect in order to protect against actual or potential fraud. In order to constantly improve our web site and better serve our customers online, we may use various tracking methods (such as cookies and other technologies, etc.) to gather information about site visitors' browsing activities.
If you choose to send us an email message, we may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to service your needs.
If you agree to receive email offers or email messages from IFG Network, we may use the data that you provide to send you email offers that may be of special interest to you. Email Opt Out
- If you no longer wish to receive email offers or solicitations from IFG Network, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the original email you received. The instructions are generally located at the bottom of the email. If you receive emails from third parties or program partners on behalf of IFG Network, please be sure to unsubscribe through the instructions in the email or contact these third parties directly.
If you opt out of email solicitations, IFG Network reserves the right to contact you via email to service and maintain your relationship.
Links to Third Party Sites
IFG Network is not responsible for the information practices employed by sites linked to or from our web site. In most cases, links to non-IFG Network web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of the IFG Network web site. Since third party web sites may have different privacy policies and/or security standards governing their sites, we advise you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of these sites prior to providing any personal information.
Children's Online Privacy
Protecting children on the Internet is very important to us. For that reason, IFG Network does not intentionally collect information at our web sites from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our web site is intended to attract anyone under 13. Parents can be proactive and limit web site access to their children by installing filtering software.
Children's access to the Internet can permit them to visit inappropriate web sites and be exposed to unnecessary risks. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects children under the age of 13 from the online collection of personal information. Learn more about COPPA at the Federal Trade Commission's web site for children's privacy at www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/kidzprivacy/index.html and by viewing the following link on How to Protect Kids' Privacy Online.
In the event you believe that your privacy has been compromised, that IFG has not acted in protecting information or has not complied with the Privacy Act. Please contact us immediately so that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. We will investigate your concern and where necessary will consult with others, such as a credit-reporting agency. IFG will provide in writing with the results from our investigation and/or may provide information to you regarding outside dispute resolution.
We can be contacted by e-mail to or by letter mailed to 7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 1430, Bethesda, MD 20814